Case Study: Encirc Academy – Driving Standards in the Global Container Glass Making Industry
In recent years Encirc found that the business was continually receiving requests for support and shared expertise from fellow industry professionals across the globe. It became clear that there was a distinct training and expertise gap in the industry. The demand from the wider industry for guidance on best practice in glass manufacturing, from raw materials to the quality of the finished product. This inspired Encirc to create the Encirc Academy, an innovative, specialist training and consultancy service which offers bespoke technical and service assistance packages to drive up standards across the global container glass making industry.
The Encirc Academy offers a range of general and customised, integrated services, including:
- Initial audit – help customers understand the complexities of their facilities to identify where efficiency can be improved.
- Customised training and support – providing training both at Encirc’s facilities and at customers’ plants to give employees the experience they need to operate new and existing machinery more effectively.
- Standardisation – developing customers’ SOPs to minimise manufacturing waste, reduce energy consumption and maximise product quality.
- Organisation structure and management development – auditing customers’ management systems to identify areas for improvement to boost productivity.
- Lean for Glass – support to implement Lean manufacturing techniques throughout their operations.
As result, the Encirc Academy enables other industry members to benefit from the experience and knowledge of its specialist team, so they can improve their own productivity and reduce their environmental impact to reach their sustainability goals.
Since its launch, the Encirc Academy has become one of the most successful of its kind in the world, having a significant positive impact on all the companies it has worked for.
The Encirc Academy’s support has also contributed towards a significant improvement in the profitability of customers’ facilities, and a reduction in their carbon footprint.